The authors are not responsible for the content of any external sites linked to from digitalmultimedia.org
All material on this site is ©2009–2018 MacAvon Media and may not be reproduced without permission.
Digital Multimedia, 3rd Edition
Welcome to the companion site for the textbook Digital Multimedia, 3rd edition. Here you will find a wide range of resources for students and instructors using this book.
Buy the complete book in PDF for GBP £19.75 or individual chapters for GBP £1.99 each from the authors' own Web site MacAvon Media. MacAvon Media PDF is DRM-free and can be read with any program that opens PDF.
The resources in each category under the menu heading Teaching and Learning are organized by chapter. Click on any category on the right-hand side of the navbar to see the full navigation for that category. For each category under Teaching and Learning there is also an overview, which provides more detail about the nature of the material supplied for each chapter.
The Teaching and Learning Resources relate directly to the book and include:
- Lecture slides: these contain the Key Points from each chapter and almost all the illustrations from the book. They are available to preview on this site, and in other formats for lecturers to download from the MacAvon Media Web site.
- Answers to exercises: answers to the test questions and hints on the discussion topics and practical tasks.
- Working examples: media files and working versions of the more important examples.
- Glossary: An interactive glossary of just over 1200 terms used in the book.
- References: suggestions for further reading on paper and on the Web.
- Errata: corrections to errors found after publication.
- Projects: We have devised a collection of projects which can be used as the basis of extended practical work on multimedia courses.
Extra resources for practical work, including files to download for exercises, can be found on the archived support site for Digital Media Tools.
We have increased our range of services for lecturers and brought them all together on our MacAvon Media Web site.
Lecturers can now download free PDF evaluation copies of all our books, create course bundles of PDF chapters at discounted prices for their students to buy, and download complete sets of lecture slides and lecture slides kits.
Lecturers’ Accounts are only available to bona fide college lecturers and instructors.